People! I don’t want to raise the alarm, but something magical has happened. The Hummer is back. That’s right, the off road crushing, bald eagle loving, burger eating salute to America is back. Except with a twist. Now it’s electric.
Officially being packaged under it’s new parent company, GMC, the all electric hummer looks to be a monster. Upwards of 1000 horsepower, it is rumored to be able to hit 60 miles an hour within 3 seconds. For a truck that size, that is blindingly fast. Like, Ferrari speed. In a truck.
We don’t know too many details yet, but it looks to have the option of three engines. As GMC is a premium truck brand, we can’t imagine this will be a cheap offering, but hopefully some lower models are within reach of the everyday human.
— The Verge (@verge) February 2, 2020
It looks like we’re going to have to wait until May 2020 to know more details about the truck, but needless to say we are excited. We’ll have to se the price and specifics before we decide if we want this or the Cyber Truck more, but it’s clear Tesla has some competition in the EV truck market.
“GMC builds premium and capable trucks and SUVs and the GMC Hummer EV takes this to new heights,” says Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global Buick and GMC.
What do you think? Are you leaning towards the Cyber Truck or the EV Hummer?
- Beyoncé, Jay-Z Spark Batmobile Comparisons With Matte Black Cybertruck
- Video Shows Tesla’s New Model 3 Performance ‘Ludicrous’ in the Wild
- Eminem Refuses to Upgrade From Blackberry Phone Despite 2022 Network Shutdown
- Abandoned 1968 Ford Mustang Goes From Storage to Epic Graduation Gift
- ‘Cheers’ Legend Rhea Perlman Shared a Flask with Fellow Attendees at the SAG Awards