On March 12, Live ATC was live-streaming air traffic control audio transmissions like usual. Everything was normal until a Southwest pilot was caught on a hot mic ranting and muttering expletives about the residents of San Francisco.
“Yeah f–k this place. goddamn liberal f–ks.”
An air traffic control professional tried to warn the pilot, “Calling on tower, that (garbled) hot mic.” According to the FAA, pilots are prohibited from talking about anything other than safely conducting their flight while taxing or while flying below 10,000ft altitude. It seems that the Southwest pilot either didn’t hear the warning or just didn’t care because he continued with his generalizations.
“F–king weirdos, probably driving around in f–king Hyundais, f–king roads and sh-t that go slow as f–k.”
“You don’t have balls unless you’re f–king rolling coal, man, godd-mn it.”
The audio was never broadcasted to the passengers on the plane, but the FAA has started their own investigation into this incident. Southwest Airlines has released a statement stating that the comment made by their pilot “did not reflect the nearly 60,000 hardworking, respectful people of Southwest Airlines.” They also reassured the public that they will be dealing with this internally.
- Another ‘Bridget Jones’s Diary’ Sequel Set to Start Filming in May
- National Retro Day: How to Observe the Ultimate Throwback Holiday
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunion Tour Set For Popular ‘Cosby Show’ Spinoff
- ‘The Blues Brothers’: Whatever Happened to the Bluesmobile Car From the 1980 Comedy Classic?
- Why Sylvester Stallone Dumped California for Florida