In celebration of the release of Britney Spears’ new memoir, The Woman in Me, Odometer is taking a look back at the pop icon’s five TV cameos that 90s kids may have forgotten about.
Prior to becoming a huge star in the music industry, Britney Spears had her official start as a Mouseketeer on the Disney Channel’s Mickey Mouse Club. She starred on the show alongside Christina Aguilera, Ryan Gosling, and Justin Timberlake. In her memoir, Spears noted that while the rehearsals for the show were like boot camp, it was honestly a “kids’ dream” for everyone involved.
Here are Britney Spears’ five cameos from the late ’90s and early ’00s.
1. Britney Spears’ Performance on ‘Sabrina the Teenage Witch’ Drives the Audience Crazy(1999)
Britney Spears received quite a warm welcome from the set audience of the sitcom Sabrina the Teenage Witch in 1999. Both she and Melissa Joan Hart appeared in the film Drive Me Crazy. Hart was also in Spears’ song for the teenage flick. Months later, the music superstar appeared on Hart’s show and perfected Drive Me Crazy in an episode.
2. Spears Makes It Big as an Award Show Co-Host on ‘The Simpsons’(2000)
You know you finally made it in show business when you cameo on The Simpsons. Britney Spears made an appearance on the show’s 11th season episode, The Mansion Family. She was co-hosting the Springfield Pride Awards alongside Springfield anchorman, Kent Brockman.
3. Britney Spears Gets a Haircut Like No Other During ‘Kenan & Kel’ Cameo (2000)
Switching to Nickelodeon, Britney Spears makes an appearance on Kenan & Kel. During the episode, Kel is mistaken for a hairdresser and cuts her hair. As he continues to work on her hair, Kel promises Spears that he’ll make her into a “teenage singing superstar” to which she replies, “I kinda already am.” In the end, she ends up with green highlights and screams into a mirror.
4. Spears’ Character Attempts to Prove She’s Over Ted Mosby By Hooking Up With His Friend Barney During ‘How I Met Your Mother’ (2008)
In an attempt to prove she was over Josh Radnor’s Ted Mosby, Britney Spears’ Abby hooks up with one of Mosby’s best friends, Barney. However, Spears’ character somehow thinks she and Barney randomly get engaged. She eventually realizes that Barney has no intention of getting married.
5. Britney Comes Out With All the Dance Moves For ‘Glee’ (2010)
Being the music icon she is, it didn’t take long for the hit series Glee to make an episode all about Britney Spears. During the episode, Heather Morris’ Brittany S. Pierce meets Spears. However, it’s not the dream come true that everyone else would think, as Pierce dislikes Spears. The duo ended up performing numerous dance scenes while Pierce was under anesthesia at the dentist’s office.
- TV Legend Norman Lear Dead at 101: Actors, Fans Pay Tribute
- Hugh Grant ‘Hated’ Working on New ‘Wonka’ Movie, Here’s Why
- Norman Lear, Creator of ‘All in the Family,’ ‘Sanford and Son,’ & More, Dead at 101
- Jodie Sweetin Not Sold on Another ‘Full House’ Reboot After Bob Saget’s Death
- ‘Mortal Kombat 3’ BTS Video Hits The Internet And It’s As Awesome As You’d Think