Wayne Brady spent his Sunday dealing with authorities after he got into both a car accident and a physical altercation.
KTLA5 reports that Brady was hit by a 51-year-old man while driving on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, California, around 7 pm on Nov. 19. After the two pulled over to exchange insurance information, they began an “intense” argument, and things eventually turned violent. The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department confirmed that Brady was not at fault in the accident.
Wayne Brady, also 51, called 911, but the other driver allegedly fled the scene on foot before police could arrive. TMZ first broke the news and wrote that the fire department responded to the accident and assessed the actor. Fortunately, Brady did not need further medical attention.
Wayne Brady Allegedly Filed Battery Charges
The sheriff’s department told the publication that the second driver was later arrested for driving under the influence, a hit and run, and battery. According to PEOPLE, a source confirmed that Brady formally filed battery charges against the man.
“Wayne is so upset about this incident with a drunk driver,” said the source. “As a father, he was just thankful it was not his daughter or anyone’s child dealing with this. He kept thinking what if it was his daughter.”
Wayne Brady had one daughter, Maile, 20, whom he shared with his ex-wife, Mandie Taketa.
- Mariah Carey Sets Record Straight About Being the ‘Queen Of Christmas’
- ‘Ghostbusters’: The Scene Bill Murray Surprisingly Loved Most
- Florence Henderson ‘Felt Strange’ About Returning For ‘A Very Brady Christmas’
- Ginuwine Speaks Out on Justin Timberlake Story From Britney Spears Memoir
- ‘The Devil Wears Prada’: How Meryl Streep Almost Missed Out on Iconic Role