The Vegas Golden Knights are the NHL’s newest team and amazingly, they have become just the second team in NHL history to advance all the way to the finals of the Stanley Cup playoffs in their first year in the league.
The team has been an incredible rallying point for their home city of Las Vegas that was left reeling after the horrific shooting in October of 2017, just before the season began.
The Knights started hot and they have now gone through all their opponents in the Western Conference and found themselves battling it out with the Washington Capitals for the greatest trophy in sports.
But first, for Game 1 of the series, as one might expect, the introduction at the arena in Las Vegas brought all the spectacle and glamour of a Vegas show. There are knights in armor, incredible special effects & lighting, dramatic music, including Ride of the Valkyries and that’s all before the players even hit the ice and the one and only Michael Buffer introduced the teams!
Unsurprisingly, social media lit up after the intro. The full intro is at the bottom.
— Tommy McFLY (@TommyMcFLY) May 29, 2018
How 'bout that @GoldenKnights intro???
— Hockey Night in Canada (@hockeynight) May 29, 2018
— Bram Weinstein (@RealBramW) May 29, 2018
Not everyone loved it though. Afterall, this is the internet.
The full intro from NHL.com:
- Beyoncé, Jay-Z Spark Batmobile Comparisons With Matte Black Cybertruck
- Video Shows Tesla’s New Model 3 Performance ‘Ludicrous’ in the Wild
- Eminem Refuses to Upgrade From Blackberry Phone Despite 2022 Network Shutdown
- Abandoned 1968 Ford Mustang Goes From Storage to Epic Graduation Gift
- ‘Cheers’ Legend Rhea Perlman Shared a Flask with Fellow Attendees at the SAG Awards