The Coronavirus began in Wuhan, China and has since spread internationally. So far, there are two confirmed US cases, one in Seattle and one in Chicago. There are 26 confirmed deaths so far, but officials are worried this will skyrocket without proper treatment.
The threat of the new coronavirus from China appears to be growing globally, with the 2nd U.S. case confirmed today and cases confirmed in 8 countries https://t.co/CWDNMg6RZo by @lisettevoytko pic.twitter.com/rvj1DdnTBy
— Forbes (@Forbes) January 24, 2020
The city at the center of the outbreak, Wuhan, is getting a new 1000 bed hospital to help them deal with the outbreak of the deadly virus. Following the same protocol that was followed during the SARS virus, the Chinese Government is fast tracking the construction of the hospital, hoping to have it operational by February 3rd.
The hospital is designed to have an area of 25,000 square meters with 1,000 beds and will be put into use by February 3 pic.twitter.com/ePQoxJnM0y
— CGTN (@CGTNOfficial) January 24, 2020
I don’t know about you, but I think I’m going to stock up on some supplies in case this gets bad.
- McDonald’s Debuts Anime Inspired Dipping Sauce That Packs a Punch
- What Happened to Jason Earles? What Jackson From ‘Hannah Montana’ is Doing Now
- Who Are Brian Wilson’s 7 Children? All About the Beach Boy’s Big Family
- All About Matthew Broderick and Sarah Jessica Parker’s 3 Kids
- Dolly Parton Hosting Fashion Show for Pups to Launch ‘Doggy Parton’ Line