Just in the nick of time! A quick-thinking tarmac crew member prevented some serious damage to a jetliner October 1, at Chicago’s O’Hare International. Onlookers were stunned as they watched an unmanned catering cart spin donuts near a passenger plane. With each chaotic revolution the cart swung closer to the aircraft.
Just as the cart narrowly missed him, one crew member leapt just off screen towards a nearby tug car. He then hopped into the vehicle and drove it into the careening machine. The cart capsized and was stopped in its tracks as water bottles and debris scattered across the tarmac
“There you go!” cried one person in the crowd.
“That’s how you do it,” another commented.
Others could be heard clapping.
The bizarre event was caught on camera by onlookers near the gate window. But what caused the accident? A spokesperson from American Airlines has confirmed that a case of water fell on the cart’s gas pedal causing the incident. No workers were injured in the accident.
To date the 33 second clip quickly went viral and has accrued over 18 million views on Twitter. It’s certainly a sight you that you must see to believe.
“I was just doing my job,” says the man who stopped the cart, Jorge Manalang.
Crazy event at ORD. Heads up safety move by a ramp worker! pic.twitter.com/SQi5zB0Ooz
— Kevin Klauer DO, EJD (@Emergidoc) September 30, 2019
- WWE Fans Certain Sylvester Stallone Will Appear in Upcoming Wrestlemania Match in Philly
- Godzilla’s Signature Roar is Built From an Epic List of Sources
- Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg is Lovin’ Japanese McDonald’s
- BYD Unveils Electric Supercar: See the Car That Goes 190 and 0-60 in 2.36 Seconds
- Photo of Tesla Police Cruiser Sets Internet on Fire